• KFOR decided to use the image above to accompany a story about the construction of a new security entrance at Will Rogers World Airport. I’m not too sure what that picture has to do with construction. It looks more like a reenactment of what Jim Gardner and Channel 9 did to KFOR.
• Kendrick Perkins was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and public intoxication after an altercation last weekend in his hometown of Beaumont, Texas. Perkins is claiming he is innocent, even going so far as to point out the huge concrete blocks he has worn since the playoffs prevent him from doing anything fast or athletic, much less disorderly.
• Remember that high patrolman we wrote about a few weeks ago? He was just charged with second degree rape. This is usually the part of the post where you make a joke about the **alleged** rapist being raped when/if he goes to prison, but I won’t go there.
• The Oklahoman has hired Gina Mizell their new OSU football beat writer. Prior to joining the Oklahoman, Gina wrote about high school sports, the University of Lamar, and the San Diego Padre’s for MLB.com. She even served as an intern for BleacherReport.com. Yeah, she may be a little bit too overqualified to be the OSU beat writer.
• Lonely Planet Editor – and one time Lost Ogle contributor – Robert Reid has posted his “Top 22 Oklahoma Experiences.” Unfortunately, writing for us did not make the list. It must have been number 23.
• If you’re an Okie Expat and forgot what it was like to live in Oklahoma City at Noon on a Saturday, some guy decided to post video of the tornado siren on NW 122nd and Rockwell doing its thing.
Thanks! Your message has been sent!