Hey there. Do things look a little different? I hope so, because if not, there’s something wrong with your computer, Chris.
Welcome to The Lost Ogle, Version 4.0! This is the 4th major redesign of the website in our 5+ years of being an “obscure local social blog.” Hard to believe, huh?
Anyway, here are some quick notes:
• First, and perhaps most importantly, the new design was handled and implemented by our friends at at iThemes. If you’re not familiar with them you should be. Their founder, Cory Miller, literally helped write the book WordPress for Dummies. And our lead designer, Ty Carlson, has a beard. That means I think I saw Ty about 800 times at Saturday’s Jeff Mangum concert. We’ll be doing more stuff with them in the future.
• Designing a news and entertainment blog like ours is more difficult than people think, because you have to balance content with advertising. Basically, you have to make your readers and advertisers happy. I think we accomplished that goal with this design. Big thanks to all of our readers and advertisers for the support. Hell, I’m in such a good mood I’ll thank Jim Traber, Jenni Carlson and Mean Dueweke, too.
• Most of the changes are cosmetic. We got rid of the grunge look for something a little more clean and modern. At least I think it’s more clean and modern. What do I know. I’m just a handsome slob. Regardless, all the functionality is about the same.
• We’re not done yet. There may be a few more bells and whistles added throughout the week.
• Finally, if you have any questions, comments, thoughts, etc, please let us know. Either leave a comment or send us an email.
Thanks! Your message has been sent!