It looks like we found the perfect gag gift for Mike Morgan’s Christmas Jubilee. And no, it’s not this album or animal feed for a petting a zoo.
Over the weekend, Marisa alerted me to an Etsy mom who is selling a Gary England Drinking Game gift set online. It’s basically a laminated list of the game’s rule complete with a set of red plastic “Friday Night in the Big Town” cups.
Here’s an image and description:
Happy Monday after a weathery weekend! That means we’ve got some pretty sweet weather tweets gathered here for you just in case you didn’t get enough weather updates over the weekend. But that’s not all. Beyonce and Jay-Z showed up at a Thunder game, and OKC will never be the same again. Suffice it to say it was a busy week on social media. I’ve gathered up the tweets that are guaranteed to make great water cooler conversation on this dreary Monday. Check them out after the jump!
If you share a secret on a news channel, is it really a secret?
I ask because Linda Cavanaugh and Mike Morgan recently shared their secrets to a successful marriage on KFOR. They are experts in the field because they haven’t divorced yet and Channel 4 needed a self-promotional sweeps story to pander to conservative married baby boomers from Edmond.
Here’s the video:
Before we get to what you will be doing this cold weekend, I need to pull a Traber and “give it up” to someone.
Gov. Fallin, I can’t tell you how proud I am that you are the executive chief of the great state of Oklahoma. Day in and day out you are a ray of sunshine burning the retinas of your constituents in hopes you can lead the blind down the fork in the road that separates “Merica” and “America.” You obviously prefer the former.
Your recent decision to go DEF-Kern 5 and discontinue spousal benefits for all Oklahoma National Guard members just because you apparently hate gay people is reprehensible. It’s sad that you are allowing your childish thoughts about a lifestyle that makes you think “ewww” not only trample the civil rights of a group of people, but also the well-being of another group who have nothing to do with it.
Maybe you will find it in your cold heart to back track and give those who choose to protect our state and country the opportunity to provide benefits for loved ones. “Love,” you familiar with that term? If not you can Google it.
Here is this week’s Friday Night in the Big Town:
By now, you’ve probably seen the pic above of the innocent little puppy that was stuffed inside a freezer bag by a mother and son from New Mexico. You’ve seen the story because it involves idiots and animal cruelty, two subjects that I think account for 25% of all pageviews on the Internet. The other 75% go to porn.
KOKH Channel 25 got all aboard the pageview train. Here’s their story:
New Mexico woman and son arrested for putting puppy in plastic bag
If a picture is worth a thousand words, this one is worth a lot more money as an Albuquerque woman and her son allegedly post a disturbing photo of a puppy on Facebook.
Mary Snell and her son James Engel were arrested Saturday on a charge of animal cruelty after they posted the photo to Facebook.
Investigators say Snell wanted to show how small the 8-week old puppy is so she put it in the open Ziploc bag and took a picture. She then posted the picture to Engel’s Facebook page. When authorities got wind of it, they arrived at the home and arrested both.
Neighbors say they treat their animals well but the County Sheriff says that doesn’t matter, in this case.
“A young puppy doesn’t have the ability to move its head to a fresh supply of oxygen,” Sgt. Aaron Williamson with the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office said.
The puppy, named “Baby”, is okay but the two now face felony charges for the photo.
First of all, congrats to the KOKH Channel 25 headline writer for resisting the urge to go with “Nobody puts Baby in a bag” and ”Baby got bag!” in the headline. Those are way too easy and tacky.
Not to be left out of the pageview generator, KFOR Channel 4 tasked their third grade social media intern to write a story about the news and post it to Facebook. What could go wrong with that?
Check it out:
Thanks! Your message has been sent!