Here’s the second round match-ups for the Midwest Region.
(1) Joleen Chaney vs. (9) Patrick’s Dog Rowdy
(4) Wayne Coyne vs. (5) Blake Shelton
(3) Emily Sutton vs. (6) OU Tramp Stamp Girl
(2) Olivia Munn vs. (7) Bob Barry Jr.
Have fun and vote after the jumpity jump.
This probably wouldn’t surprise you, but Bill Maher is one of my favorite political and social commentators. I don’t agree with everything the guy says, but he’s consistent, rational, sharp, funny and totally irreverent.
Anyway, our celebrity mayor Mr. Mick Cornett was a panelist on last Friday’s “Real Time with Bill Maher.” He discussed issues like gas prices, the economy, and how clean coal and solar power is the answer to our country’s future energy needs.
Here’s the video:
Hello again, people of the internet! We’re coming to you live and in living color from a cheetos-covered laptop somewhere in Oklahoma City. If it’s Monday, that means it’s time for Monday Morning Tweets, our weekly feature of tweets from Oklahoma celebrities. That charming young man up above is one James Traber, a local radio host. You may have heard of him. Does anyone else find it funny that Jim constantly tells people that it’s stupid to listen to him if they don’t like him, yet is constantly bitching about Jenni Carlson’s newspaper columns? Hey, big man, if she’s so bad, why are you reading her articles? How dumb are you to read someone so pathetic?
After the jump, we get to today’s tweets.
Wacko US Senator (and infamous global warming skeptic) Jim Inhofe appeared on the Rachel Maddow show last Thursday. Inhofe and Maddow discussed the Senator’s new book “The Greatest Hoax,” debated global warming and talked about Ugandans wanting to kill gay people or something.
Here’s the video:
Well, week one of Ogle Madness is complete. Here’s the updated bracket so you can see who advanced:
Here are a few notes from the tournament so far:
• Unlike the NCAA tournament, we haven’t had a ton of upsets. The lowest seed remaining is 14-seed BJ Wexler. He upset Governor Fallin in the first round, but that’s really not too big of an upset. The other double-digit seeds still remaining in the tournament are the Devon Tower (11), Wes Welker (11) and the Naked Woodward Golf Tournament Chick (10)
• The closest match-up was between the Clark Matthews Era and Greyson Chance. Clark won by a count of 269 – 254. On the opposite end of the spectrum, Emily Sutton and Joleen Chaney slaughtered their opponents. Emily beat State Senator Ralph Shortey 622 – 34, whereas Joleen Chaney defeated the Diffee Kids 531 – 39.
• Just about everyone who entered our contest is still eligible for the $250 feast to Deep Fork Grill. Except for that guy who picked Mike Morgan’s Red Bedazzled Severe Weather Tie. Once again, we’d like to thank Deep Fork Grill for offering the feast.
Anyway, here are today’s match-ups from the Northeast Region. Voting ends in 24 hours.
(1) Kevin Durant vs. (8) Mayor Mick Cornett
(4) Jaime Cerreta vs. (5) Jessica Schambach
(3) Bibi Jones vs. (11) Wes Welker
(2) Mike Gundy vs. (7) Bobbie Miller
Thanks! Your message has been sent!