Usually we leave our Thunder analysis to our NBA sage Clark Matthews, but he’s at some work conference and doesn’t have access to a computer or the internet. Apparently this conference is taking place in 1982.
Anyway, since Clark Matthews is out of commission and drinking apple juice at the hotel bar, here’s my detailed breakdown of Game 1.
Okay, so my analysis is little different than Clark Matthews.
Anyway, I was at the game last night, so I didn’t have the benefit of seeing a bunch of replays, stats and normally priced beer, but here are some other quick thoughts:
– Kevin Durant was really good
– Lebron James was really good
– Good Russell Westbrook played pretty good
– Shane Battier played like the kid from Thunderstruck in the first half
– James Harden spent most of the game rubbing his beard
– Some dude nearly made a half court shot
That’s it, really. And now it’s all kind of pointless. The Heat won Game 1 in last year’s Finals and ended up losing the series in 6. The Thunder need to protect the home court and go to Miami up 2-0.