As he noted earlier today, our good pal Adam is retiring as TLO’s Friday Night In The Big Town correspondent to pursue his dream of becoming a professional puppeteer on 23rd and Penn. Although he still may contribute to TLO from time to time, we wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.
Anyway, I’m now looking for a couple of new people to add to the contributor fold. If you think you have what it takes, here’s what you need to do:
1. Don’t be scared. Send me a submission of something you could envision seeing on TLO. I’m looking for something original – not a research paper or article you wrote for The Fountainhead.
Sounds easy, huh? Here are a couple of other notes:
• Write in your own voice and style. Snark, sarcasm and absurdity has, and always will be, a hallmark of this site, but it should come naturally. Don’t overdo it. That’s my job.
• The last time we asked for new contributors, half the people used fake names and aliases. That’s nice, but I need to know who you actually are if I’m going to publish your stuff.
• Experience? Some sort of professional writing experience is preferred (journalism, copywriting, fiction, etc.), but not necessary.
• The pay sucks. Your primary source of compensation will be the joy and heavy exposure of writing for TLO. If everything works out, we can move you to a weekly contributor. In that role, you’ll make enough to buy beer for the weekend
• I’m busy. In addition to my writing and editing duties for TLO, I also have to oversee advertising, IT, social media, trivia nights, special projects, accounting, complaints, etc. I also like to eat dinner and have a social life. As a result, email communication may be sporadic. It’s nothing personal.
Sound intimidating? Good. It should be. If you’re still interested, either use our contact form or send us an email. I look forward to seeing what you got.