Although we’re still hurting and reeling from the economic effects of the pandemic, and still begging our loyal readers to help us survive, I figured it would be a good time to announce another one of those open calls for freelance content contributors, helpers, interns, apprentices, squires, promotional models and anyone else who is looking to get their feet wet in independent media, or for a platform to share and showcase their talents, views and abilities for little to no pay.
In particular, we’re looking for…
• People who think they are funny and want to contribute original written content, or cover a particular beat, about Oklahoma life and culture for The Lost Ogle – a website that still draws a couple hundred-thousand unique visits each month.
• Freelance reporters/journalists who want to track down and cover all the various tips we’re provided via The Ogle Mole Network, but don’t have time to pursue.
• Audiophiles and video addicts who want to help us produce, plan and maybe even host podcasts, videos, streaming media, etc.
• Marijuana reviewers and writers for The Happy Ogle.
• Attractive people to model Lost Ogle and Happy Ogle merchandise and products
If you’re interested in any of this, send an email to [email protected] and tell us about yourself, what you’re interested in, and how you think you can contribute to the site — be sure to include any another important bit of information we should know, like whether or not you have a rich relative who will buy an ad on the site if we let you write for it.
Anyway, the last time we did something like this I was overwhelmed with submissions, but hopefully this call will go a little smoother. Either way, we look forward to hearing from you.