Although they border each other and comprise the southern edge of the OKC Metro, I have never really considered Moore and Norman to be rival towns. Then I read the following article in today’s Norman Transcript. It totally changed my mind:
Moore kicks off Christmas
NORMAN — Recent felony filings in Cleveland County include:
• Meghan Elyse Irwin, 21, false declration of ownership in pawn.
• Jamie Nicolle Irvin, 33, obtaining or attempting to obtain controlled substance by forgery or fraud.
• Curtis Ray McBay, 47, domestic abuse and battery by strangulation, assault and battery on police officer, and obstructing officer.
• Mustafa Dustin Matthew Arslan, 19, possession of controlled dangerous substance, larceny of merchandise from retailer, and obstructing officer.
• Dylan Ray Fountain, 18, burglary in the first degree, and false declaration of ownership in pawn.
• Christopher Glenn Vaughn, 29, possession of marijuana.
• Robert Brook, 52, driving a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, and transporting open bottle or continer of liquor.
• Joshua Dean Carter, 32, driving under influence of alcohol, and driving under suspension.
Well, that’s interesting. I guess either the Moore – Norman rivalry is more intense than I thought or the Norman Transcript is correct and Moore residents celebrate their Christmas by committing crimes in Norman. Or it could be that the Norman Transcript has no clue. It’s probably a mix of all three.
Anyway, I wonder if the Moore American will respond with a negative story about Norman. Maybe something with a headline like “Norman kicks off Christmas” and then list the names of all the OU sorority girls who took Plan B after hooking-up with some douchey fratboy at an OU Christmas party. That would be kind of funny.
Also, if you want to read some interesting stuff about Moore and Norman, check out these two “Why Your City Sucks” columns that Daily Thunder’s Royce Young wrote for us before he became best friend’s with Kevin Durant and Bill Simmons. They are worth a read:
Thanks! Your message has been sent!