Here we grow again!
Sorry. Back when I worked in corporate marketing one of my bosses made me use that awful phrase whenever we’d advertise or promote a new location. I’ve been using it sarcastically ever since.
Over the next couple of months, we’re making some changes and updates to the TLO business model. One is to bring some new TLO Contributors into the fold. It’s a freelance contract position, the pay is shit and I can be flakey and frustrating to work with, but if you like to write, entertain, make people think, make people laugh, make people angry, or are simply looking for an audience, you should probably give it a shot. Who knows, maybe it will help land you a job with ESPN someday, or at the very least, get you featured in a newspaper article.
At the current moment, I’m looking for contributors who want to write and cover the following topics;
• Local News, Media and People
• Oklahoma Culture
• Arts and Entertainment
• Nostalgia and Pop Culture
Professional writing experience isn’t required, but it doesn’t hurt.
If you’re interested, here’s what you need to do:
• Send an email to Patrick@thelostogle.com. Please include “Patrick Is A Handsome, Golden God” in the subject line. I’m requesting this to see if you’ll blindly follow instruction with no questions asked.
• Introduce yourself, tell my your interests and let me know why you want to write for The Lost Ogle.
• Include some column and / or article ideas. It can be as simple as a few headlines. Sadly, they are still the bait that captures readers.
Anyway, I guess that’s about it. I look forward to hearing from you.