The Lost Ogle is looking to welcome a Medical Marijuana Reviewer to our close-knit group of contributors. It’s a freelance gig, the pay is of the starving artist variety, and Patrick can be a real pain in the ass to work with, especially when he’s not stoned. But if you love to get high and have the ability to write about the experience, you should give it a hit.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
A) Original reviews of locally-produced strains, products, dispensaries, etc.
B) TLO-style articles, listicles and whatever else about Oklahoma’s medical marijuana culture, products and lifestyles.
If you’re interested, email one original, sample review (500 words or less) of a particular marijuana strain — something you would envision being published by TLO — along with any other article ideas or applicable writing samples to email@example.com.
Here are some pointers:
1. Be yourself. Snark, absurdity and occasional humor has — and always will be — a hallmark of The Lost Ogle, but don’t force it. Write the review in a style you’re comfortable with.
2. You need to have an Oklahoma Medical Marijuana License. If you need to get one, read our seven step guide here.
3. No pseudonyms (yet). The last time we called for new contributors, half the people used fake names and aliases. That’s cool, 420Stud69, but we need to know who you actually are, if we’re going to publish your stuff. So, use your real name and email address, in your pitch. Save the witty pen name for after you are hired.
4. Experience? Writing experience (journalism, copywriting, fiction, etc.) definitely helps, but is not necessary.
5. The pay sucks. But on positive note, at least someone other than your friends and parents will read what you write.
Sound intimidating? Good. It should be. That always happens right before you do something amazing. If you’re interested, show us what you’ve got.